Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life…”
Designed to help children know, love, and follow Christ through biblical teaching, praise, and fellowship. We teach children how to worship, pray, and give them an understanding of scripture so that they will make wise choices based on a biblical foundation.
8:30 AM Early Worship (1-5th with parents)
9:40 AM Group Bible Studies
10:45 AM Late Worship (1-5th with parents)
5:00-5:45 PM OneWay
5:30-5:55 PM Play Center is open
6:00-6:45 PM GAs & RAs
6:45-7:30 PM Choir
Children’s Building: 2nd Floor (Sunday 9:45 am)
9:45 – 10:15 am Everyone is in the Big Room
1st Grade: 200
2nd Grade: 205
3rd Grade: 207
4th Grade: 210
5th Grade: 216
Children’s Building: 2nd Floor (Sunday 5-5:45 pm)
Children’s Building: 2nd Floor (Wednesday, 6 PM)
Children’s Building: 2nd Floor (Wednesday, 6 PM)
Children’s Building: 2nd Floor (Wednesday, 6:45 PM)
Safety is Our Priority
A computerized Check-In System is provided for Preschoolers (Babies-Kindergarten). Parents will receive three labels: one for the child, one for the teachers and one for parents to use when picking up their child. Labels are cross-checked before the child is released. Misplaced labels are available at the Children’s Welcome Desk.
Texting is our primary way to reach you if we need you during a service. We will send a message to the cell phone number that you write on your child’s sign in sheet. Please keep your phone on silent while in worship.
For the safety and health of all children, pediatricians recommend that children be kept at home until free of the following symptoms for at least 24 hours.
• Fever (free of fever without fever reducing medication)
• Persistent cough
• Runny nose
• Discharge from eye
We strive to maintain a nut-free environment (and/or foods processed near nuts). All snacks are provided. Snacks from outside environments are not permitted. Children who cannot consume a classroom snack because of allergies may make arrangements ahead of time to provide their own.
Please make your child’s teacher and the Children’s Minister aware of your child’s allergies. Allergy notes may be filed in our database and/or printed on your child’s label.
1’s – K: Children receive a snack of goldfish crackers, butter flavored crackers, and apple juice, water, or flavored drink. Allergy Alert signs will be posted if another snack is offered. Always let your child’s teacher know of any allergies.
We are dedicated to providing an enriching environment that will help children take their next steps toward Christ. We want to offer the best possible experience for children of all ages with developmental, emotional, or physical challenges. Please see Elaine Gardner so that our teachers know how to best teach your child.
Opportunities to Serve
The Childhood Ministry is a volunteer-based ministry that revolves around parent participation. There are many opportunities for service with the largest need on Sunday mornings during the Worship Services. Serving in the Preschool Ministry is a wonderful blessing. If you are interested, please contact the Children’s Ministry Office at 318-322-2782.
• A love for children.
• A national security check and approval by our Children’s Team.
• Volunteers ages 11-15 must serve in classrooms of children who are at least 1 year old.
• Two volunteers will always be placed in each room.
Our Family Dedication service is a special event for parents of babies and/or any other age children to stand together before the church and commit themselves as parents to raise their children under the guidance of God and His Word.
Dedication services occur at different times throughout the year. Please contact the Children’s Ministry Office if you would like to participate in the Family Dedication. They will be glad to let you know of the next special service. Both parents are asked to participate in a one-hour class before being able to dedicate their child. This allows you as a parent to know and understand the commitment you are making to God.
Online helps for Parents:
Online helps for Teachers:
Books for Parents and Grandparents:
- Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God by Voddie T. Baucham Jr.
- 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Son by Vicki Courtney
- 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter by Vicki Courtney
- The ABCs of Parenting: 26 Practical Lessons for building a Healthy and Happy Home by Steve Boctor
- Spiritual Parenting: An Awakening for Today’s Families by Michelle Anthony
- Mirrors and Maps: A Girl’s Guide to Becoming a Teen by Melissa Trevathan and Sissy Goff
- Path of Purity: A Family Guide, Bob Bunn, Editor
Books for Girls
- Secret Keeper Girl Series by Dannah Gresh
- The Lily Series: Here’s Lily by Nancy Rue
- Magazines for Girls (Preteen): Between God and Me: A Journey Through Proverbs by Vicki Courtney